12 Good Manners That Every Person Should Have
Good manners are a set of social rules for nice behavior. Sometimes it seems that people forget the rules of nice and decent behavior, so it’s always nice to recall some rules everyone should respect.
- Avoid loud talking and laughing, as well as staring at people.
- Regardless of who you are: CEO, professor, elderly or student – when entering a room you should be the first to greet everyone.
- Don’t invite someone out with you if you are planning to send text messages or text with someone the entire night.
- If you are walking with someone and the person you walk with stops to greet someone, you should also greet them even if you don’t know the person.
- A polite man will always show respect for any woman.
- Don’t try to follow every trend. It’s better to dress nicely, even if it’s not exactly the latest trend, than look bad in the latest suit.
- Drivers should remember to pay attention to the pedestrians.
- Avoid having empty conversations over the phone. If you need to talk to someone, you better do it in person.
- When you are out, never place the phone on the table. This shows that this device plays an important role in your life, that you are bored and that you are just waiting to pick up the phone and check what’s happening on your social networks.
- Men should never carry a woman’s handbag. However, they can take her coat and take it to the cloakroom.
- Never forget to thank your loved ones, friends and relatives. They don’t offer you help because they have to, but because they want to. Appreciate them and their actions.
- 9 things that need to be kept secret: age, earnings, family disputes, religion, medical problems, love affair, gifts, honor and shame.
Polite and decent behavior is very easy, you just need to follow these basic rules. And of course, you should want to be decent and polite.