Get Rid of the Dreadful Belly Fat with These Yoga Poses
Reducing belly fat can be a really difficult process even if you eat healthy and work out regularly. Luckily, the yoga poses presented in this article can effectively burn belly fat together with a proper nutrition and exercising.
These yoga poses will help you eliminate the dreadful abdominal fat and they will improve your metabolism. Here are the best yoga poses for a toned and strengthened belly area:
1. Dhanurasana or bow pose
This yoga pose will strengthen the core of your abdominal area and tighten the muscles in the abdomen. Moreover, it will help you with constipation, as it improves the function of the digestive system and improve the elasticity of the body. Here is how to do the Dhanurasana pose:
• Stretch your legs out while in a lying position. Your arms should remain beside your body. Afterwards, bend your knees and reach your arms back to the feet or ankles. Remain like this, breath in, raise your head and then bend it backwards while picking the legs up.
• Hold this position for half a minute. At the end, exhale before returning to the beginning position. Repeat the pose 5 times, with 15-seconds breaks in between.
2. Bhujang asana or cobra pose
This yoga pose is excellent for burning abdominal fat and strengthening the muscles of the abdomen. It will also help you to make your spine stronger and tone the upper part of the body. Here is how to do the pose:
• In a lying position, place the palms under your shoulders and stretch your legs. Touch the ground with the chin and toes. After this, elevate your chest after breathing in.
• Remain in this position for half a minute and exhale slowly. With 15-seconds breaks, repeat the pose 5 times. People with hernia and back injuries, as well as pregnant women, should avoid this pose.
3. Naukasana or pontoon pose
The Naukasana pose will strengthen the muscles of the legs and back and help you reduce stomach fat. Just follow these steps:
• While lying down, keep the arms beside the body and stretch your legs out. Elevate the legs, stretch the feet and toes, but don’t bend your legs.
• Reach your toes with your hands, remain in this position for 15 seconds and then release. Repeat the pose 5 times and take breaks before the repetitions.
4. Pavanamukthasana or wind easing pose
This yoga pose strengthens the abdominal muscles, thighs and hips, reduces lower back pain, promotes balance of pH levels, improves stomach health and boosts metabolism. Here is how to perform this yoga posture:
• Lying down, stretch your legs out. Your arms should be next to your body and your heels should touch each other. Bend the knees towards the chest while exhaling.
• Keep the knees in this position by placing your hands under your thighs. Apply pressure on your abdomen with your thighs. Remain in this position for at least 1 minute.
• Repeat the pose 5 times with pauses of 15 seconds.
5. Kumbhakasana or board pose
The following yoga pose is good for tight arms, abdomen, buttocks, shoulders and back:
• Your hands and shoulders should be under the arms and shoulders. After this, tuck your toes under and make a step backwards to stretch the legs behind.
• Keep your neck and spine straight. Apply pressure on your stomach muscles and hold. Keep your hands on the floor with spread apart fingers.
• Remain like this for half a minute. Repeat 5 times with pauses. Avoid this exercise in case of high blood pressure, shoulder injury and back injury.